Metabolics carries a comprehensive range of pure amino acids required for protein synthesis and other important functions within the body.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein which is needed for the growth and repair of the cells in our body. There are a total of 20 amino acids, 9 of which are essential. These cannot be manufactured by the body and have to be supplied from dietary foods or supplementation. The body can make the other 11 amino acids, but under some circumstances the body uses more of these than it can manufacture, such as during periods of exercise.
The essential amino acids are Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan and Valine.
The non-essential amino acids are Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Aspartic acid, Glutamine, Glycine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Cysteine and Glutamic acid.
Cysteine and Glutamic acid can become essential during stress. Browse below for Metabolics' complete range of amino acids.
- Arginine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKArginine is known as a “conditionally non essential amino acid”. It can be made in...£22.73
- DL Phenylalanine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCK360mg 60 caps DL-Phenylalanine is an essential amino£20.81
- Glutamine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKL-Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid manufactured in the body from glutamate and...£20.62
- Glutathione Reduced (Pot of 30 capsules)IN STOCKReduced glutathione is glutathione which has lost oxygen. In this reduced state it...£23.75
- Glycine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKGlycine occupies one third of the structure of collagen such as skin and ligaments.£21.31
- Lysine (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKLysine is one the the genuinely essential amino acids, which the body needs but is unable...£18.01
- Methionine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKMethionine is an essential sulphur amino acid. Essential, and quite broadly useful, as it...£19.63
- N. Acetyl Cysteine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKNAC is the precursor of cysteine which is the precursor to the antioxidant glutathione.£20.39
- Taurine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKTaurine is an amino acid that the body synthesises from sulphur-containing amino acids....£19.42
- Tyrosine (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKTyrosine is a significant amino acid with many roles within the body£19.97