Bone and joint healthAs we age, our bones lose strength, making them more susceptible to fractures, and joints become less flexible and can end up feeling stiff. In fact, it is thought that we reach peak bone mass in our mid-30s and, by the time we reach 40, we start losing bone density at a higher rate than the bone that is made in the body. For healthy bones and joints, staying active plays a huge role, ensuring joints stay lubricated and bone weakness is minimised. In addition to keeping active, diet and nutrition have a part in keeping joints and bones healthy. Bones and joints need a variety of nutrients in order to stay healthy.
Vitamins for bones and jointsThere are a variety of vitamins that are needed for healthy bones and joints. Vitamin D and vitamin K, specifically, are known to contribute towards the maintenance of normal bones. Vitamin C is needed as it contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage, which cushions the joints in your body. In addition to these vitamins, nutrients such as calcium, collagen, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and zinc all have a role in supporting bone and joint health and are needed if we want to remain mobile into our older years. While you can obtain these vitamins and minerals through your diet, it’s also important to take note of what you’re eating drinking and whether it can interfere with the absorption and effectiveness of these nutrients. For example, the more salt in your diet, the more your body removes calcium, which is essential for maintaining bone health. Alcohol and too much tea and coffee can also interfere with the amount of calcium absorbed by your body.
What is glucosamine?Glucosamine is a substance that occurs naturally in the fluid around the joints and is important for building cartilage. It is thought that the sulphur in glucosamine helps build and repair cartilage with the glucosamine playing a role in the incorporation of sulphur into cartilage, which has made it a popular food supplement for joint health. The Metabolics range of bone and joint supplements are designed to support your body’s nutritional needs, offering a measured way of securing the right amount of vitamins that maintain your bone and joint health.
- Arthrolite (Pot Of 60 Capsules)IN STOCKArthritis affects the musculoskeletal system, causing pain and inflammation, particularly...£31.79
- BioSilica (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKWe have recently reformulated this product to improve the encapsulation process. The...£27.10
- N. Acetyl Glucosamine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKGlucosamine is one of the building blocks of cartilage in joints.£27.92
- Turmeric and Piperine (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKTurmeric (Containing 95% curcuminoids) and Piperine£31.61
- Vegan Vitamins D3 and K2 2500 IU CapsulesIN STOCKVegan vitamin D3 sourced 100% from algae, providing a bioavailable source of vitamin D3...£33.25
- Vitamin C Buffered (Pot of 90 capsules)OUT OF STOCKPlease note: This product is currently out of stock. Please check back soon for updates....£24.60
- Vitamin D3 And K2 (Pot Of 90 Capsules)OUT OF STOCKPlease note: This product is currently out of stock. Please check back for updates....£29.18
- Vitamin D3 and K2 2500 IU (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKVitamin D enables the absorption of Calcium & Phosphorus and regulates gene...£30.00
- Vitamin D3 and K2 Oil 100mlIN STOCKVitamin D enables the absorption of Calcium& Phosphorus and regulates gene expression in...£33.60