Nutrition and energy
With the increasing stress and pressures of modern life, it can frequently seem as though there just simply aren’t enough hours in the day. This can lead us to feeling increasingly tired, drained, and lacking energy.
Nutrition actually plays a very large role in energy regulation in the body. Our energy comes from the food we eat and the drinks we drink, so it is important to make sure you get the right balance of food and drink to the energy your body needs. Your body needs a certain amount of energy from food and drink, which is measured in calories, in order to function; this is called basal metabolic rate (BMR). The more activity or exercise you do, the more calories you need on top of your BMR.
A common way of calculating your BMR is the Harris-Benedict formula, which uses your height, weight, age and gender to estimate the base number of calories you need to function.
Vitamins for energy
Certain vitamins and minerals are needed to convert nutrients into energy. B vitamins, in particular, are necessary for the conversion of food into energy as many of them serve as coenzymes, which act as a transfer site for digestive enzymes that speed up the chemical reaction of breaking down food into energy. As B vitamins are water soluble, they are not stored in the body, so you need to replenish them through your diet. So, if you don’t get enough B vitamins in your diet, you can find yourself lacking energy and feeling tired or sluggish.
Minerals for energy
As well as vitamins, your body needs minerals for energy production. Iron is needed as it makes haemoglobin, which is a protein in red blood cells that transports oxygen from the lungs to organs and tissues in the body, so your cells can produce energy. Deficiency in iron can cause less oxygen in your bloodstream, and organs and tissues that don’t function as well as they could, leading you to feel tired and low in energy. Some women and girls find that they are low in iron due to menstruation, which is why there are more women with anaemia, a condition where you lack enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to organs and tissues, than men.
Metabolics has formulated Iron and Vitamin C Capsules as vitamin C increases iron’s absorption by the body by 2-4 times.
The energy diet
Your body needs three key nutrients for energy; carbohydrates, protein and fats, which you obtain from your diet. Without the right vitamin and minerals, however, your body can struggle to metabolise these nutrients, which can leave you feeling as though you are lacking in energy as your body struggles to function effectively.
The Metabolics range of energy supplements are designed to support your body’s nutritional needs for converting food into energy. They are not designed to replace a healthy diet. It is advised to see your healthcare practitioner if you believe you have abnormally low energy levels.
28 products available
- Acetyl CoA Support Formula (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKAcetyl Co A factors is now replaced with ACoA Support Formula, a superior formula...£28.80
- B Complex (Pot of 180 capsules)IN STOCKA broad and concentrated combination of all the B vitamins, plus biotin, folate, inositol...£43.99
- B Complex LiquidIN STOCKMetabolics B Complex Liquid 100ml is a unique composition of only the highest quality B...£29.30
- B12 and Folate (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKMetabolics B12 & Folate capsules provide a measured amount of vitamin B12, an...£27.60
- Carnitine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKCarnitine is an amino acid derivative, with a role in energy metabolism. Please note: We...£28.80
- Children's B Complex LiquidOUT OF STOCKThis product is temporarily discontinued. Please contact our sales team on...£24.98
- Co-Enzyme Q10 100IN STOCKCo-enzyme Q10 100, also known as ubiquinone, is prevalent in the mitochondria of cells,...£39.68
- Co-Enzyme Q10IN STOCKCo-enzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, is prevalent in the mitochondria of cells, where...£30.52
- Ionic MagnesiumIN STOCKMagnesium is an essential nutrient that plays an important role in th maintenance of...£21.25
- Ionic Magnesium XSIN STOCKA highly bioavailable pure liquid form of magnesium. It has a low dose, so it suitable...£21.25
- Iron + Vitamin C (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKMetabolics has now included Vitamin C with Iron as it increases absorption between 2-4...£26.40
- Iron Phosphate (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKIron Phosphate Supplements£23.04