Omega 3 fatty acids are and fatty acids in general, make up the building blocks of fats in our body. Unlike the negative connotations the media has published about fat and fats in the diet, fatty acids are actually necessary for a whole host of functions within the body. There are three important omega-3 fatty acids you need to obtain from your diet in order to stay healthy; EPA, DHA and ALA. The first two are mostly found in oily fish, the latter is found in plants such as nuts and seeds.
Other fatty acids
As well as fish oils, there are a wide range of fatty acids that are important to obtain through your diet. Borage oil, for example, is a great source of GLA, which is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and benefits to skin.
- Caprylic Acid (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKA medium chain triglyceride fatty acid that rapidly metabolises to release energy.£25.55
- Evening Primrose Oil (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKEvening Primrose Oil naturally contains GLA, Omega 6 fatty acid.£27.48
- Krill Oil (Pot of 60 Capsules)IN STOCKMetabolics Krill Oil is derived from Krill from the uncontaminated deep-sea waters of the...£45.67
- Omega 3IN STOCKA high quality source of bioavailable omega 3 DHA and EPA polyunsaturated fatty acids,...£33.65
- Shark Liver Oil (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKShark liver oil is rich in alkylglycerols.£26.34