Metabolics.com Magnesium Phosphate has about a quarter of the RDA of magnesium in each capsule, this is another general purpose magnesium supplement, with good bio availability. It also has the added benefit of about 18% of the RDA of phosphorus.
Why Take Metabolics Magnesium Phosphate?
Magnesium is an essential nutrient with many functions in the human body:
- It helps maintain energy and combat fatigue.
- It helps build and maintain bones and teeth.
- It contributes to the health of nerve, muscle and cell membranes.
- It contributes to normal muscle function, including the heart.
- It helps with protein manufacture.
- It can help to keep some of the body's other mineral and hormone systems in balance.
Magnesium is readily available in a normal balanced diet. But for some people it may not be possible to source or absorb all the magnesium they need. Correcting a magnesium deficiency could reduce tiredness and fatigue, help to restore nerve and muscle function, and support the health of bones and teeth. One dose provides 99.4mg active magnesium.
Phosphorus is a crucial element in the human body, and is a constituent of many major biochemical compounds. It occurs as phospholipids and as nucleic acids. It is involved in a number of important functions, including:
- Supporting membranes.
- Carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism.
- Maintaining bone health.
- It is crucial to energy metabolism through its inclusion in adenosine triphosphate, the energy source for most of the body's metabolic processes.
High doses of magnesium can have a laxative effect. It is recommended to keep below 400mg per day unless prescribed by a practitioner.
Serving Size 1 Capsule Each Capsule Contains 710 mg of Magnesium Phosphate (of which Magnesium, 99.4mg).
"Very hard to find mag phos in high dose. These have been amazing for cramps and sleeping."