Zinc sulphate is highly soluble zinc salt, with easy disassociation in the gut and good bioavailability.
Zinc generally is found throughout the body and is involved in a considerable number of processes and functions:
- the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and vitamin A
- keeping the immune system working
- protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails
- muscle growth and reproductive health
- DNA synthesis and cell division
- as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage
- maintaining healthy bones
- supporting cognitive performance
- normal vision
Zinc sulphate in particular is used in the treatment of Wilson's disease (a condition of excess copper in the body). There are also reports of it being used to enhance wound healing.
The body is able to regulate its zinc levels so that within certain limits any excess is discarded. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of clinical need for a specific targeted application of zinc.
The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet, including vegetarian diets if they include wholegrains and pulses (such as beans and lentils).
"First time using this product so????"
"It is what I need and can ghet from Metabolics"