Suitable for vegetarians: Yes
Suitable for vegans: Yes
Order by 3pm for same day dispatch
Free UK delivery via Royal Mail Second Class post on all online orders
What is Metabolics B12 & Folate?
Vitamin B12 and folate perform several important functions in the body including keeping the nervous system healthy. Folate works with vitamin B12 to produce red blood cells. Red blood cells are produced in the bone marrow and vast quantities are produced daily in order to replace the cells that are old and break down. Nutrients from food such as iron, vitamin B12 and folate help ensure your bone marrow is able to produce a constant supply of these red blood cells. Good dietary sources of Vitamin B12 are meat, eggs and dairy products, whilst good dietary sources of folate include green vegetables such as broccoli, sprouts, and peas, among others.
Metabolics B12 & Folate contains vitamin B12 as Methylcobalamin (the activated form of vitamin B12), and folate as calcium L-methyl folate, one of the best and most bioavailable forms of folate.
The combination of these two ingredients contribute to normal psychological function, play a role in the process of cell division, support the normal function of the immune system and contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism.
What is Metabolics B12 and folate for?
A deficiency in either one of these vitamins can cause a wide range of problems including:
Extreme tiredness and a lack of energy, pins and needles, mouth ulcers, muscle weakness, disturbed vision, problems with memory, and psychological problems, which may include depression and confusion.
A number of problems are known to lead to a vitamin B12 or folate deficiency. These include:
- Pernicious anaemia, which is where the immune system attacks healthy cells in the stomach, preventing your body absorbing vitamin B12 from the food you eat. This is the most common cause of vitamin B12 deficiency in the UK.
- Diets lacking in vitamin B12 and folate - in particular vegan diets and those low in fresh fruit and vegetables are at risk of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency.
- Certain medicines, such as anticonvulsants and proton pump inhibitors (PPis)
- Certain conditions, such as Crohn’s disease, which causes inflammation in the gut, can sometimes result in the body not having enough B12, and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), which can affect your digestive system.
- Excessive urination may cause you to lose folate. This can be caused due to underlying conditions affecting your kidney, liver or other organs.
Who is Metabolics B12 and folate for?
Anyone following a diet that is potentially lacking in vitamin B12 and folate or showing signs of being deficient in B12 and folate should supplement daily.
B12 and folate deficiency is common in older people, affecting around 1 in 10 people aged 75 and older and 1 in 20 aged 65 to 74, according to the NHS.
Why use Metabolics B12 and folate
Metabolics Vitamin B12 & Folate is formulated to help supplement your diet with the best, most bioavailable forms of Vitamin B12 and Folate.
This product is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Please note the following warnings:
If pregnant or breast feeding, consult your health care practitioner before using. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Recommended dose 1 capsule per day with food. The stated recommended dose can be changed as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Food supplements made to GMP standards.
Made in our clean room facility, here in the UK.
ISO accredited ISO:9001 and ISO:14001 accredited.
"Excellent quality and keep using them."
"I trust Metabolic products. Have only just tried this one but it's recommended for vegetarians."