Liquid Iodine Supplement
In Stock - Order by 3pm for same day dispatch
28 Day Money Back Guarantee
Iodine is a vital non-metallic trace mineral found naturally in the diet that the body cannot make. Iodine is found in sea salt, sea fish and kelp. Good sources are plants grown on iodine rich soil and deficiency occurs as many areas of the world have iodine poor soil, especially mountainous areas such as the Alps where erosion has leached away the iodine. Iodine has many important functions.
Iodine contributes to the production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function. The thyroid gland traps iodine from the blood as it is needed to form thyroxine (T4) and Triiodothyronine (T3), the active form. Both these thyroid hormones are essential for normal thyroid function. When circulating thyroxin (T4) is decreased, the pituitary increases its production of Thyroid stimulating hormone; resulting in increased iodine trapping. The Thyroxine is converted to T3 by selenium dependent enzymes. Iodine is utilised by every hormone receptor in the body.
Iodine contributes to normal cognitive function and normal functioning of the nervous system. Thyroid hormones are important for the myelination of the central nervous system and are vital for normal brain development, especially during a baby’s development in utero.
Iodine contributes to the maintenance of normal skin. Thyroid hormones are important for normal skin and lack of them results in thick coarse skin, particularly on the hands and feet.
Iodine contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism. Thyroid hormones regulate your metabolic rate and thus energy production of the whole body.
Iodine contributes to normal growth of children. Again the deficiency of iodine dependent thyroxin is important for normal metabolism.
Symptoms of Iodine deficiency:
Under functioning thyroid results in symptoms of tiredness, constipation, hair loss, thick hard skin on the soles of the feet, fatigue, weight gain and always feeling the cold.
Suboptimal neurological function including apathy and mental sluggishness. Maternal iodine deficiency can result in developmental deficiency of the child with irreversible intellectual impairment, in the extreme known as cretinism. Hypothyroidism results in slower response times and impaired mental function.
Goitre (swelling of the Thyroid) associated with hypothyroidism.
Signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism:
Metabolics Iodine 11:
Is non toxic and water soluble for easy assimilation.
Is rapidly and evenly absorbed in the body assuring excellent tissue penetration.
This iodine is a 4% iodine and iodide solution. The other 96% is vegetable glycerine. Of this the iodine is (46%) and the iodide is 54%.The 46% iodine is extracted from kelp into pure iodine crystals which are then added to the compound iodide component. The iodide component dissociates in the stomach to “free iodine”, which is highly bioavailable to the thyroid for incorporating into the hormone Thyroxine. What the body does not utilise it will expel, unlike potassium or sodium chloride iodide.
1 drop of Iodine 11 supplies 1525 mcg of iodine. This can be taken in water or as a drop rubbed into the skin
Iodine Patch Test:
An individual can test their need for iodine using 1 drop of Iodine 11 rubbed onto the skin of the back of the hand. This will create a yellow discolouration. If adequate iodine exists in the body the area will remain yellow for 6 hours. If iodine is inadequate, the yellow discolouration will be absorbed into the skin very quickly.
Made to GMP standards.
Made in our clean room facility, here in the UK.
ISO:9001 and ISO:14001 accredited.
"Easy to contact and friendly"
"This brand of iodine was highly recommended by a kinesiologist for my 91 year old mom. I see improvements in her mood and general well- being when on it."
"Excellent quality I'm very happy"
"Great and easy to use...."
"Glad to have found supplements that don’t have nasty ingredients. Looking forward to reading some of the articles."