Omega 3 fatty acids are and fatty acids in general, make up the building blocks of fats in our body. Unlike the negative connotations the media has published about fat and fats in the diet, fatty acids are actually necessary for a whole host of functions within the body. There are three important omega-3 fatty acids you need to obtain from your diet in order to stay healthy; EPA, DHA and ALA. The first two are mostly found in oily fish, the latter is found in plants such as nuts and seeds.
Other fatty acids
As well as fish oils, there are a wide range of fatty acids that are important to obtain through your diet. Borage oil, for example, is a great source of GLA, which is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and benefits to skin.
14 products available
- Borage Oil 1000mg (Pot of 60 soft gel capsules)IN STOCKBorage Oil is extracted from the seeds of the star shaped, blue borage flower.£23.16
- Caprylic Acid (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKA medium chain triglyceride fatty acid that rapidly metabolises to release energy.£21.36
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (Pot of 60 capsules)OUT OF STOCKPlease note: This product is now discontinued. Please see Fatty Acids and Fish Oils for...£20.27
- DHA (Pot of 60 soft gel capsules)IN STOCKDHA is an Omega 3 fatty acid (phospholipid) making up about a third of our brains.£38.80
- Evening Primrose Oil (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKEvening Primrose Oil naturally contains GLA, Omega 6 fatty acid.£26.15
- Flax Seed Oil (Pot of 90 soft gel capsules)IN STOCKLinseed oil, also known as flax seed oil, is a major source of the omega 3 fatty acid,...£21.13
- Hemp Seed OilOUT OF STOCKThis product has been discontinued. Please see our range of Fatty Acids for alternative...£22.40
- Omega 3IN STOCKA high quality source of bioavailable omega 3 DHA and EPA polyunsaturated fatty acids,...£30.07
- Omega 3, 6, 9 (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKA broad-spectrum source of the omega 3 6 9 fatty acids: a combination of ALA, EPA and DHA...£21.83
- Sacha Inchi Oil 200mlIN STOCK.£29.53