A blend of three of the most easily absorbed zinc salts. The citrate content will lessen any minor stomach irritation that could arise from the zinc sulfate.
Zinc is found throughout the human body. It's involved in a considerable number of processes and functions.
- the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and vitamin A
- keeping the immune system working
- protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails
- muscle growth and reproductive health
- DNA synthesis and cell division
- as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage
- maintaining healthy bones
- supporting cognitive performance
- normal vision
The body can regulate its zinc levels so that within certain limits any excess is discarded. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of specific clinical need.
The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet. Deficiency should only arise through lack of dietary sources, or through problems with the body's capacity to absorb and use zinc.
The recommended daily intake of zinc is 10mg.
This supplement provides a concentrated dose of zinc. You may prefer to break the capsule and take it as two or three doses through the day. More than one capsule a day will exceed the recommended upper limit for total zinc intake. Excessive zinc consumption can be toxic, or could cause anaemia. Do not take more than one capsule a day unless under specific medical advice. In case of doses above 50mg per day, about 5mg per day of additional copper should also be taken.
Zinc supplements are thought to be better absorbed if taken between meals.
No reviews for this product yet!