Metabolics carries a comprehensive range of pure amino acids required for protein synthesis and other important functions within the body.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein which is needed for the growth and repair of the cells in our body. There are a total of 20 amino acids, 9 of which are essential. These cannot be manufactured by the body and have to be supplied from dietary foods or supplementation. The body can make the other 11 amino acids, but under some circumstances the body uses more of these than it can manufacture, such as during periods of exercise.
The essential amino acids are Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan and Valine.
The non-essential amino acids are Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Aspartic acid, Glutamine, Glycine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Cysteine and Glutamic acid.
Cysteine and Glutamic acid can become essential during stress. Browse below for Metabolics' complete range of amino acids.
- Acetyl L. Carnitine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKAcetyl L Carnitine is a derivative of Carnitine but has greater bioavailability than...£30.26
- Carnitine (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKCarnitine is an amino acid derivative, with a role in energy metabolism. Please note: We...£26.99
- Cysteine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKCysteine is used to produce Glutathione and Taurine. It is an important constituent of...£24.74
- Ornithine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKOrnithine is an amino acid found in protein rich foods.£24.35
- Proline (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKProline is a non-essential amino acid and is required for the synthesis of collagen....£30.94
- Theanine (Pot Of 60 Capsules)IN STOCKTheanine is an amino acid produced in the roots of the Green Tea plant.£26.40
- Threonine (Pot of 100 capsules)IN STOCKThreonine is one of the essential amino acids; an amino acid that the body needs, but...£24.18