What are detox supplements?
Detox supplements are a mix of vitamins and minerals that play a part in supporting the body’s detoxification processes.
The liver and kidneys are key organs that work to remove various toxins from the body through processes of filtration. The kidneys have around a million tiny filters called nephrons that filter the blood, removing waste and controlling the volume of blood fluid compartments. The liver also detoxifies the blood through the filtration of harmful chemicals made by the body; it also helps the body break down fat through the production of bile and stores glucose for energy.
Keeping the liver and kidneys healthy plays a huge role in detoxifying the body and maintaining good health. The liver and kidneys are kept healthy through maintaining a healthy weight, exercising regularly and ensuring a good diet with the right balance of vitamins and minerals.
Certain nutrients, such as choline, contribute to the maintenance of normal liver function, supporting the body in staying healthy.
Detoxification and digestion
- Broccoli I3C ComplexIN STOCKBroccoli I3C Complex Capsules.£24.00
- Green Support Formula (Pot Of 120 Capsules)IN STOCKGreen Support Formula£37.20
- Liver Support (Pot Of 90 Capsules)IN STOCKThis Metabolics product is a combination of powerful ingredients designed to support the...£38.30
- Nutrient Phase 1+2 (Pot of 90 capsules)IN STOCKA comprehensive blend of vitamins and minerals, with emphasis on vitamins A, B, C, D and...£25.80
- Organic Chlorella (Pot of 60 capsules)IN STOCKChlorella is a green, single cell freshwater algae. More than 20 vitamins and minerals...£24.00
- Organic Spirulina (Pot Of 180 Capsules)IN STOCKOrganic Spirulina£27.32
- Selenium Methionine (Pot Of 60 Capsules)IN STOCKSelenium Methionine£24.17